Gout is a health condition which is a type of arthritis caused by the accumulation of uric acid. The increased amount of uric acid in the body causes the formation of crystals in the joints which result in inflammation and strong joint pain. The usual treatment for this condition are medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which often cause serious side-effects.
Some foods we consume are rich sources of the naturally occurring substance purines, which are turned into uric acid in the body. Purines are healthy and the body needs them for the DNA and DNA replication. Yet, in the case of a high-protein diet, the risk of gout is elevated, since foods like red meat, salmon, sardines, organ meat, herring, and oily fish, lentils, peas, and beans, are high in purines. Therefore, one needs to limit their intake in the case of gout.
To utilize it as a vitality source, the body needs to change over fructose into glucose, and as a result, this procedure makes uric corrosive. The lifted uric corrosive levels trigger the nitric oxide generation, which keeps the circulatory strain low. The unreasonable admission of fructose transforms it into LDL, which is then put away in the body as fat. This isn’t the situation with fructose in natural products, however the one separated and added to nourishments and beverages. These impacts of fructose have been logically affirmed. The Journal of Pediatrics distributed an investigation which included 5,000 youngsters, and found that the more squeeze and fizzy beverages they drank, the higher their circulatory strain and uric corrosive levels were.
Also, the British Medical Journal (BMJ) distributed another investigation which evaluated the recurrence of gout in more than 46,000 men for over 12 years. They found that the utilization of fizzy arenas raises the danger of gout, and really, it was twofold in individuals who drank at least two fizzy beverages day by day. Another investigation broke down 80,000 ladies for more than 22 years, and 778 of them created gout.
The connection between these beverages and gout was affirmed yet again, as scientists found that ladies the individuals who drank one sugary drink every day were 74% more inclined to create gout in contrast with the ladies who expended short of what one drink a month. The individuals who drank 2-3 sugary beverages day by day had a 2 ½ times higher danger of creating gout.
Moreover, alcohol intake raises the risk of gout. According to a 2004 study published in Lancet, beer poses the highest risk. Yet, make sure you drink moderately and consume plenty of water.
To prevent gout and reverse this condition, you should:
- Increase the intake of prunes, as they help the metabolism of uric acid in the body
- Make sure you drink at least 2l of water daily to help the excretion of uric acid
- Consume vegetables and fruits daily, especially celery, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and amaranth
- Cherries, bilberries, blackberries, and blueberries are high in bioflavonoids and thus reduce uric acid levels
- Cherries and pineapples are among the most powerful foods as they help to remove excess uric acid from the body
- Make a cherry, apple, pear, banana, and pineapple breakfast smoothie, with a small ginger piece, unsweetened almond milk, and a teaspoon of chlorella to alkalize the body.
- Avoid high protein and high-purine foods like chicken, crabs, mussels, shellfish, oily fish, scallops, lentils, beans, and porridge.
- If you suffer from gout, avoid cheese, beer, and meat, or at least limit their intake